Posted by Austinado on 11/3/2019.
It feels good to be back.
Updates with Post-EOA2 content will resume this upcoming weekend, followed by the start of Intermission 2 somewhere between 12/18 - 1/1 assuming all goes well. In the meantime, please check out SOUND TEST I, the first collection of unfinished and unreleased VEMT material.
We also have physical signed cassette tapes of REPITON by pragmaticNihilist (who also did 'Pandora', the song used in [S] Ellsee: Enter!). The tapes were made by Prumm and are up for sale on the new DCRC ETSY STORE. It's a limited supply and they've been selling rather quickly, so try and snag one of the remaining tapes while you can! But obviously, you can listen and download the album for free through our Bandcamp as well.
Thank you all so much for your patience, the response to the last update has been overwhelmingly phenominal in the blood red sea of love it/hate it metrics that VE somehow always remains afloat in.
Act 2 is finally over. Your honeymoon period with this comic has now officially ended.
The show is really about to begin.
Posted by Austinado on 9/2/2019.
I told you guys we would be giving you guys EOA2 soon, so let's fulfill that deal real quick.
See that painfully low number that's probably making you quiver and turn your tear ducts into the next Great Flood? The one that's currently at 25% if you're reading this the moment that this post has been made and not the future? Don't worry too much about that.
That percentage is only the amount of finished animation we currently have. As in all assets, firmly placed within the dying pack mule known as Adobe Flash and made to move around like a precarious pot of lit dynamite at the top of the stack. We have assets for about halfway through the flash. Our plan was to have month long periods in order to properly space the flash out and not kill ourselves in the process. This will be utilized moreso in later EOA's, which will undoubtedly be even longer. Through September, we're going to be working on assets for the second half of the flash and then use October as our buffer month to get all of the extra assets from guest artists and such on deck while finishing up animation proper.
The idea is still to release on Halloween, and we are more or less on schedule. At worst, it'll be a few days late. Sadly, not everything can meet a funny number deadline. That's the cold hard truth of the world we live in these days. But we'll try. For the babies of this world. Much like myself.
IN THE MEANTIME... I highly suggest playing through what's currently available of SNOWBOUND BLOOD
if you haven't. That game hasn't stopped being important and it's only going to get more important from here. There is no better time. Also if you need a reread, or just a read in general? I also highly suggest that. Because personally? I believe this comic is good.
Watch the numbers, and see you soon.
Posted by Austinado on 8/13/2019.
Remember when I announced a new album for June? And then I said it would be released on July 4th? And then at the end of July? Well, it's well past all of those dates but regardless, there is an album. Even when you think there isn't, there's always an album.
Catch 322, the newest collaborative effort from the VEMT has been released. This album features many tracks that will be used in relatively upcoming flashes and walkarounds, definitely one to keep an eye on.
We also have one other musically inclined announcement to make: the Official DCRC Spotify.
This was a collaborative effort between me and notable VE helper, dudadippe. Along with some great and very appropriately themed playlist cover edits by Pesty.
Fourteen playlists in all, one general, one for White Noise, and twelve others for every main troll. We plan on creating more playlists and adding to existing ones over time, giving the entire fanbase even more excuse to make those lyric centric art pieces. Really that's what this is all about, manipulating all of you to make us the fabled "lyricstucks" we so desperately crave. Make us a "lyricstuck" and a video in Windows Movie Maker and we will most certainly cry tears of cathartic joy.
More news on EOA2 sooner rather than later, stay tuned.
Posted by Kohi on 7/4/2019.
Hello everyone! Kohi here to interrupt the Pandorapause to bring you some tasty new information about Vast Error's home website, Deconreconstruction. If you're reading this on DCRC, then great! If you're reading this from MSPFA, we highly recommend giving the website a look; it's a product of a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and sleeplessness.
We've recently released a DCRC Development Blog and Roadmap on our official Patreon, free for all users. While you're there, consider becoming a patron! You'll be privy to other development blogs and posts like this one, plus a ton of other benefits.
If you're only interested in seeing what we have in store for you all on DCRC, keep reading!
What is Planned for the Future of DCRC?
We've compiled a massive list of planned features and improvements on the site's private GitHub repository that the DCRC Dev Team is gradually working through. This list can be boiled down to:
• Mobile Responsiveness - Optimize existing mobile page styling and apply styling to current pages that do not include them. (e.g. the main splash page and the navbar)
• Improvements to Bonus Content - Clarifying what is considered ‘bonus content’ and what is considered unique page locations. (e.g. ArcKat April Fools is bonus content whereas the Credits list could be broken into its own page at /vasterror/credits)
• Accessibility and Language Support - Giving users the ability to toggle comic options to suit their needs. We are looking to start this by allowing users to toggle on/off quirked chatlogs and/or disable CSS. In the future, we will look into expanding this feature to include Vast Error language translations.
• DCRC Search Engine - Allow users to search a selected comic (only Vast Error and its Unquirked variant at this point) for keywords. In the future we may look at expanding this to be similar in scope to the Homestuck Asset Locator.
• Dedicated Admin Panel and CMS - Allow VE Administrators to easily modify site content (e.g. news posts) with a robust content management system. With this update, all story files will be hosted on DCRC instead of Pipe or Imgur.
• RSS and API Development - For application developers in the fanbase, we will be refining the existing API for DCRC to allow external applications to plug into the site. We will also be writing RSS Feed generation for both the comic and the news so users can subscribe to these updates.
Far-Off Future Updates
We also have a few other planned updates that are either very large in scope or is waiting for additional dependencies. These updates include:
• The Mirrorer Becomes the Mirrored - All of Vast Error is hosted and maintained on DCRC and mirrored to MSPFA. (at this point, DCRC is essentially a locally-stored mirror of MSPFA) Progress on this will begin as we develop the CMS but cannot come to fruition until MSPFA’s rewrite begins development and delivers a MSPFA API we can use to modify pages.
• Etchelize Yourself a Readable Quirk, Dingus - Some small and fun public utilities will make their way to DCRC! The VastParser utility will migrate to DCRC and be rewritten/revised; for VE Admins, we will look into integrating it directly into the story page editor. I also have a personal desire to make an interactive Etchelizer Symbol Generator.
• Select Your Fighter - An interactive page of Vast Error characters. Will will look into tying this feature to our Vast Error Wiki.
If you aren't already, you can follow @VastError for larger DCRC announcements or my personal @Kohilaice for a more intimate glance into DCRC development progress.
Posted by Austinado on 4/16/2019.
THE EOA2 PLAN
It's about that time again. Hard to think that its been almost two years since the last act ended, but we're at the event horizon just about on schedule.
When I planned out Act 2 with Heather for the first time, we expected it would be double the size of Act 1 at least. And by the time this act ends we'll be 790 pages deep into that doubling. For those of you who can't count: PAGE 1000 IS RESERVED FOR EOA2. The big triple zeros have finally arrived for us.
Here's our current plan on how we're going to hash it out:
- There are five updates left. Four regular updates, and one flash update. The flash is going to be pretty simple and short, about two minutes and probably should only take us like a week or so at most to finish hopefully.
- As soon as page 999 hits we're hitting the ground running on EOA2 proper. As mentioned in the last update on it, it's a decently large flash. A solid seven minutes of Grade A Act Ender Tenderloin. So it's going to take us a bit, but we're going to make this thing a further collaborative effort by getting a nice bunch of trusted guest artists to help kick this thing into high gear.
- We were originally going to have a different medium for our content buffer, but with Snowbound Blood in full force and only a little less than a fourth of the way through, that will be what's there to satiate your unending conquest for depressed young adult aliens who can drink Windex but not water. We also have that new VEMT release set to debut in LATE JUNE and the Snowbound Blood album to be released as soon as the project wraps up. You will be fed, you will drink this juice.
So when does this thing release I hear you plea?
The estimate right now is give or take 4-6 MONTHS. It really just depends on a lot of factors we aren't too sure on at the moment. But the goal is to release this thing BEFORE or ON Halloween of this year. In case you haven't kept up with your VE side lore, that's the Ellsee day. And we have to pay our fucking respects.
I'll be updating Twitter and the Community Discord with more information as we go.
I hope you're all looking forward to exploring the anarcho-capitalist world of Repiton a little more, because it's not going away anytime soon.